[wp-polyglots] Trying to translate a plugin

Karl Wångstedt kalle at wangstedt.net
Tue Feb 28 07:19:28 GMT 2006

Hi all

Now I've taken the first shot to translate a plugin (fully
gettexted), and I've tried to use Poedit for the first time. The OSX
alfa isn't really fully funktional, but I've got it to work finally.
I'm looking forward to a stable release of the app.

The problem arises when I want to add the .mo to the plugin. I can't
get it to work.

The plugin I'm translating is WP-contacform [http://ryanduff.net/
projects/wp-contactform/]
It uses the textdomain-function in the top, and it looks like this:
load_plugin_textdomain('wpcf');

 From what I read in the codex the syntax should be:
load_plugin_textdomain('myplugin','wp-content/plugins/myplugin');

But it doesn't work then either...

The plugin resides inside a folder in the plugins folder, and I've
put the .mo in the folder next to the plugin. I've named the file:
wpcf-sv_SE.mo

I've also tried to move the .mo a step up into the plugins-folder
instead, but it still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Karl Wångstedt
W W W . W A N G S T E D T . N E T