[wp-polyglots] Suggestions for better localizations

Pandem pandemtandem at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 02:41:44 GMT 2006

Stefano escribió:
> Il Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:34:42 +0100, Pandem <pandemtandem at gmail.com>
> scrive:
>

>> The old internationalized default theme can still be found at
>> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/theme/trunk, but it's missing
>> some gettext tags and not updated since 1.5. I'm about to finish
>> updating, adding missing tags and calls to 'default' as theme_textdomain
>> to it, but I don't know whether it's going to be implemented. Should I
>> submit a patch to trac?
>>

> Nope, i think that someone with commit permission at wordpress-i18n
> like Nikolay Bachiyski will read this and will tell you how to submit
> it, on wp SVN th them is not I18N and submitting a I18N version won't
> be commit there.
>
> If all the locale teams agree we could revert to have a fully I18N
> version of default theme, this will help new theme developpoer use a
> base that's more correct thant the actual one that ends having theme
> havin no I18N at all or a messy I18N

Ok, now I have it fully i18nalized but... of course it was not going to
be so easy, because using 'default' as textdomain makes it call the
default .mo file, i.e., the general one under the /languages directory.
So, in order to test it I had to change the theme's directory name (and
consequently the textdomain) to 'kubrick', which is surely going to be a
major issue.

Well, the job is done and partially tested in case it could be of any use.
Maira.