[wp-polyglots] Suggestions for better localizations

Pandem pandemtandem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:34:42 GMT 2006

Stefano escribió:
> Il Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:41:46 -0500, "S.K" <skichu at gmail.com> scrive:
>

>> Now I wish to know how to add strings to the pot file in rspect of a
>> few i18n instances found in certain plugins I use. Should I use a text
>> editor or is there any other method?
>>

> Plugins and theme don't hve to have theyr stings in the WP po files...
> maybe the plugin is not fully internationalized missing the
> load_plugin_texdomain() function. I think that if a plugin is already
> internationalized it's better you contatc the author to get the pot
> and generte the plugin .po and .mo files
>

>> And I find another .pot file called "theme.pot". Where should I put
>> the resultant .mo file from this pot - language folder or the theme
>> folder (wp-content)?
>>

> nowhere, the theme in the wp distro is not internationalized, then
> generating the .po and .mo files and putting them in the theme dir
> won't work. There should be a gettexted version around but not sure
> where to find it. Maybe another lnguage tema has made it.

The old internationalized default theme can still be found at
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/theme/trunk, but it's missing
some gettext tags and not updated since 1.5. I'm about to finish
updating, adding missing tags and calls to 'default' as theme_textdomain
to it, but I don't know whether it's going to be implemented. Should I
submit a patch to trac?

Maira.