[wp-polyglots] bail messages that don't use gettext

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Dec 7 10:31:16 GMT 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:38:49 +0300, Sewar <xsewarx at gmail.com> wrote:

>"js" files integrated with the gettext system a long time ago, but the
>script generates pot file don't import texts from "js" files.
>
>http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/tools/trunk/wp-gettext

I can easily generate a .pot with poedit with .js files into.. but i
prefere to use the officioal pot so i suggest a faster update of that
scritp and an hurry release for new .pot files for 2.0.6 and 2.1
specially the first one that's already in betatest

About strings that cannott gettexed i repeat my idea there shoudl be a
simple text file in root dir of WP where this strings are all
cetnralised. having lot of wp core file to translate increase tha
chance of error, missing strings, take a lot to check diff files at
every release etc...

Aving a simple text file with few lines of code that read the right
line with message for die and other stuff is a usefull solution I
think and iI think other translation team will agree.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it