[wp-polyglots] bail messages that don't use gettext

Bertilo Wennergren bertilow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 05:20:43 GMT 2006

Sewar:

> On 12/6/06, Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow at gmail.com> wrote:

> > In the file "wp-includes/wp-db.php" there are several text strings in
> > "bail"-functions that do not use gettext, although they should do.

> > Or is there a special reason that they have been excepted?

> Yes, because they displayed before loading language files.

A ha. That makes sense.

So the file "wp-db.php" is yet another file that needs to
be translated separately (along with themes, "readme.html",
various "js" files etc).

Is there a list anywhere that informs about all these extra
files that need translation?

It's not easy to accomplish a fully translated WP. I think
I came quite close with my recent translation of
WP 2.0.5 into Esperanto, but I missed "wp-db.php".
There are probably more things that I missed.

I had a look at the German translation to compare what
they had done (as it seemed like a serious project), and
I found that they had ignored the "js" files and other
stuff as well. Perhaps the translator didn't even know
about all the other files with text strings.

I heard that the "js" files will somehow be integrated
with the gettext system. That's good.

--
Bertilo Wennergren http://bertilow.com