[wp-polyglots] Finnish (fi_FI) translation complete

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sat Feb 26 18:10:13 GMT 2005

Il Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:58:48 -0600, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> scrive:

>Inline translations are preferred.  The gettext version of the theme is
>supplied for those needing to switch their templates between languages.

I think the same about inline, i think that theme that come with WP
distribution should be really esy to personalize by users, and then
needs to be in-line translated

>The gettext version of the default theme will make use of
>load_theme_textdomain(), which is present in 1.5.
>load_theme_textdomain() will look in the theme directory for a mo file
>matching the current locale.  All themes have this option.

This it's a great thing, i hope the developper team will stress the
use of this "function" over the theme developper, this would help
developpers get in contact with translation team (or viceversa) and
have they theme translated easyly in lot of languages growing the
diffusion of theme in a larger base of users. :)

Thanks for your usefull information u gave me :)

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)