[wp-polyglots] gettext default theme

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sat Feb 26 09:11:35 GMT 2005

A gettext version of the default theme is available here:

http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/theme/

This is the first draft.  There are still some several things that need
to be done.

Messages that contain multiple format specifiers need to number those
specifiers.  For example, the following:

You are currently browsing the <a href="%s">%s</a> weblog archives for %
s.

Must be changed to:

You are currently browsing the <a href="%1$s">%2$s</a> weblog archives
for %3$s.

Also, some message constructions need to be changed.

<?php _e('Posted in'); echo ' '; the_category(', ') ?>

<?php _e('Posted in %s'); get_the_category_list(', ') ?>

Of course, that comma is an i18n problem too, but I'm not going to worry
about it right now.

This theme will NOT work with 1.5.  It requires functions that are only
available in the subversion repository.  It is not possible to create a
properly localized default theme with 1.5.  The gettext theme will be
1.5.1 only.

I haven't created a pot file yet.  I'll do that once the above issues
are addressed.

Morgan, Nikolay, feel free to hack on the theme.

Ryan