[wp-polyglots] Finnish (fi_FI) translation complete

K Suominen ksuominen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 18:20:41 GMT 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:53:55 +0100, Stefano <steagl at people.it> wrote:
> Il Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:44:11 -0500, K Suominen <ksuominen at gmail.com>
> scrive:
>
> >> We will go this way too, maybe having full __() and _e() themes in a
> >> second release
> >
> >We should coordinate this, to make sure the strings to translate will
> >be the same across languages...
>
> A full __() and _e() themes should be realesed unde the official WP
> SVN by the developpers, this will solve any coodination issue

I agree, wholeheartedly!

> >readme.html links to license.txt.  My fix was to make lisenssi.txt
> >(the translated license) an html file (lisenssi.html), so I can use
> >entitites in there.  (The original license.txt is US ASCII anyway, so
> >it does not have a problem.)
>
> Hmm not a bad idea, licence.txt should be in the package anyway cause
> valid GNU license is only the english one, making the translated
> licence an html using entitie is a good idea, maybe with a link to the
> original .txt in english (that doens't have the problem).

The Finnish translation (lisenssi.html) has the following preamble (my
translation to English):

The text below describes the license for WordPress.  WordPress is
released under the General Public License of the Free Software
Foundation.  The translation below is intended to help in
understanding the license.  The original and authoritative English
version can be found in the license.txt file.

This translation of the GNU GPL license has been funded and
commissioned by SOT Finnish Software Engineering Ltd. [linux at sot.com].

The translation was made by Asianajotoimisto Erkki Kannisto 7.3.1999.

-- end of preamble --

Asianajotoimisto is roughly "law office", but it is a part of the
company name above (thus untranslated).

This is  also followed by the following notice in English,
immeditately followed by the same in Finnish.  The GPL itself starts
after that.

This is an unofficial translation of the GNU General Public License
into Finnish. It was not published by the Free Software Foundation,
and does not legally state the distribution terms for software that
uses the GNU GPL--only the original English text of the GNU GPL does
that. However, we hope that this translation will help Finnish
speakers understand the GNU GPL better.

-- end of notice --

Regards,
+ Kim