[wp-polyglots] Finnish (fi_FI) translation complete

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Feb 24 09:42:57 GMT 2005

Il Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:14:44 +0100, Xavier Borderie
<xavier.borderie at gmail.com> scrive:

>We're almost done translating the theme in fr_FR, and we chose to mix
>the two : keep the _e() strings, and translated the regular ones.
>Took me some time to remember that the "Links" on the homepage was not
>to be translated in the PO or the theme, but directly in the Links
>Categories interface :)

I think we will go for this way too, even if it doens't satisfy me, i
was for a full hard coded version.

I think WP developpers will have to think for future release to
implement a system to have themes .mo files separated from the program
one and giving guidelines to themes developper about how to write a
full l10n theme easi to translate for localization team.

As it would be nice to have full commented theme and .css files for
easy modifications by users.

>As for UTF-8/ISO-8859-1, thus far it's the first one, and using a
>converter might help making the two available to users.

We decided to write accented chrs in html form, to avoid differences
between chrs encoding. SO we have only one distro.

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)