[wp-polyglots] Seeking Maintainers

Mihailo Stefanovic mikis at mikis.org
Wed Feb 23 00:12:37 GMT 2005

> Good to know. The IANA language tags page lists sr-Cyrl and
> sr-Latn for that example. [1] It seems to me, however, that
> using sr_CS at Cyrl and sr_CS at Latn has more granularity, since
> it specifies the country (and therefore dialect?) as well.

That is true, and Ryan already set up "sr_CS at Latn" repository at my request.
However, the problem with countries and dialects is not that simple. For
example, there are two main dialects of Serbian language: "ekavski" and
"Ijekavjski". First one is mainly spoken, and you may say "is official" in
Serbia proper, while second is used in Bosnia & Herzegovina (so it could be
referred to as "sr_BA"), but also in the large part of western Serbia
itself, and in Montenegro (part of "CS" state union), Referring to it as
"Bosnian-Serbian" only would not be "politically correct" to say at least ;)