[wp-polyglots] New default theme missing strings

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Tue Feb 22 07:05:30 GMT 2005

Morgan Doocy wrote:
> Let's see...
>
> HARD-TRANSLATING
> Pros:
> Cons:
>
> GETTEXTING
> Pros:
> Cons:

I totally agree with both the pros and cons of the two methods. We just have to find the best way to
either combine them or choose the only one.

> I suppose when it comes down to it, we could do both. It would be kind
> of a pain to maintain and such, but each method has its strong points.
Maybe it isn't as hard is it seems. We have an internationalized version already (see:
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=769), so it is just up to either finding a volunteer to
keep track of the changes of the templates and i18ning on the fly or making the theme developers
always commit both versions - i18ned and clean.

> If we were only to do one, though, it looks like hard-translating would
> win out for its ease of customization, since most users like to
> customize their look and feel.

Yeah, Ryan also convinced us this is the more appropriate approach if just one method is to be chosen.

> Morgan

Nikolay