[wp-polyglots] Chinese Locales (was re: Seeking Maintainers) (Modified by Morgan Doocy)

Jeffrey Tam jeffreytam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 02:09:58 GMT 2005

--- Jeffrey's reply. ---

That's true, Morgan. An example here:

I am from Shanghai, China. We usually speak Mandarin (Putonghua) or
Shanghainese (Wu) in real life, however, the newspapar and all reading
material here are written by one language, Simplified Chinese with a
domestic standard derived from Mandarin (since the year 1949 when RPC
government was established). However, people don't know how to write
in Shanghainese even it is still a form of Chinese.

I hope you get my point from this example.

Regards,
Jeffrey Tam

--
Best regards,