[wp-polyglots] Seeking Maintainers

Morgan Doocy morgan at doocy.net
Tue Feb 22 00:58:55 GMT 2005

Update on the Chinese locales: I didn't notice before, but the IANA
language tags list has the following:

zh-gan		Kan or Gan
zh-guoyu		Mandarin or Standard Chinese
zh-hakka		Hakka
zh-min		Min, Fuzhou, Hokkien, Amoy or Taiwanese
zh-min-nan	Minnan, Hokkien, Amoy, Tiawanese, Southern Min,
			Southern Fujian, Hoklo, Southern Fukien, Ho-lo
zh-wuu		Shanghaiese or Wu
zh-xiang		Xiang or Hunanese
zh-yue		Cantonese

So perhaps we should use the IANA tags. I'm not sure how we'd specify
the script in addition to the "dialect," but at least it's more
granular, and we could still probably map the dialects to scripts.

Morgan