[wp-polyglots] New default theme missing strings

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Feb 21 22:15:35 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 23:05 +0100, Mihailo Stefanovic wrote:
>> So, maybe in 2.0.
>> But, maybe not.  :-)
>
>I can keep my fingers crossed, can't I? 0:)

I'll keep mine crossed too.

>I understand that and I can support it; as long as you don't remove that
>feature entirely. So, how 'bout we add missing strings from both templates,
>Default and Classic, to wordpress.pot, and then fork Default into two: one
>hardcoded, and one gettext-ed. First one should be shipped in official
>package, second could be made available from wp-plugins or similar site, as
>separate download?

Sounds good to me.  Since we are planning to offer localized downloads,
we could provide WordPress-polyglot-1.5.zip for those with well-traveled
tongues.  It would contain the gettext version of the default theme
instead of the non-gettext one.

How about adding the gettext theme to
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/polyglot/?

Ryan