[wp-polyglots] New default theme missing strings

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Feb 21 21:28:57 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 22:11 +0100, fred wrote:
>I think that opposite solution would be better - to use gettext as offen
>as possible.
>I am running blog with posts with different language versions (e.g.
>http://fredfred.net/skriker/index.php/iimage-gallery) where you can choose
>which language you prefer or actually the WP try to get it from your
>browser and it's necessary for me to have templates "gettexed" as much as
>possible.

I've suggested having a fully gettext enabled version of the default
theme to accommodate this.  However, since most people are going to be
writing in one language, I think WP should ship with a non-gettext
version of the default theme.  True polyglots can get go get the gettext
version.

Although the templates have php code in them, we should not treat them
as source files.  They are meant to be modified by the end user; we
should endeavor to make them simpler, not more complex.

Ryan