[wp-polyglots] Serbian [sr_CS] translation

Mihailo Stefanovic mikis at mikis.org
Mon Feb 21 20:42:50 GMT 2005

> I didn't consider the different script used.. I Agree that
> would be fun have english word mixed with cyrillic text. I
> dunno how u willmnage stuff like URI or URL etc...

I have mixed feelings about them... they could be written both in Cyrillic
and in Latin, as the terms have almost the same translation. For example,
you can say "univerzalni resurs lokator", although more natural order of the
words should be "univerzalni lokator resursa". But mixing is not that
uncommon, for example in Cyrillic localization of MS software, all
trademarks like "Windows", "Office", "Media Player" are left in English. In
Serbian, nouns have 7 cases, so you have to add (Cyrillic) suffixes to
English words, and it can look ugly.

> LOL :) E-posta would be the same in Italina but people is
> accoustomed to this terms now.

It is pronounced differently. "s" is pronounced as "sh", so it is "posh-ta".