[wp-polyglots] Seeking Maintainers

René Clausen Nielsen rcn at shevy.dk
Mon Feb 21 13:15:30 GMT 2005

Hi Ryan,

As I seem to be the only one working on the Danish translation, I would probably be your best bet for a Danish (da_DK) maintainer. I have no experience with subversion, though. If I experience to many difficulties, I'll simply ask not to be maintainer anymore, and let one of those with repository-wide commit access do the dirty work ;)

/René

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:59:27 -0600, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> > We'd like to have one or more maintainers for each locale in the
> > wordpress-i18n repository.  Maintainers need to be comfortable with
> > revision management concepts and subversion.  Maintainers also need to
> > be active in the translation efforts for their locale and must be
> > willing to play nicely with others.
> >
> > If you would like to be a maintainer, send an email to the list
> > requesting maintainership of a certain locale.  If multiple people
> > request maintainership, those people need to talk and form a team.
> > There can be multiple maintainers for a given locale, but I would rather
> > avoid a commit free-for-all among several maintainers.  Pick one or two
> > maintainers and funnel changes through them.
> >
> > Once teams have formed and maintainers have been chosen, we will request
> > username and password information from the maintainers.  Commit access
> > will be given and po and mo files can then been checked in.
> >
> > A locale doesn't have to have a maintainer.  If someone provides a
> > translated po but doesn't want to be a maintainer, we'll add the po for
> > them in the absence of a maintainer.
> >
> > Commit access will be restricted to the locale[s] you are maintaining.
> > There will be a few people with repository-wide commit access.  They'll
> > handle making commits to unmaintained locales and performing any needed
> > repository maintenance chores.
> >
> > Ryan

> --
> Best regards,