[wp-polyglots] Seeking Maintainers

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sun Feb 20 00:59:27 GMT 2005

We'd like to have one or more maintainers for each locale in the
wordpress-i18n repository.  Maintainers need to be comfortable with
revision management concepts and subversion.  Maintainers also need to
be active in the translation efforts for their locale and must be
willing to play nicely with others.

If you would like to be a maintainer, send an email to the list
requesting maintainership of a certain locale.  If multiple people
request maintainership, those people need to talk and form a team.
There can be multiple maintainers for a given locale, but I would rather
avoid a commit free-for-all among several maintainers.  Pick one or two
maintainers and funnel changes through them.

Once teams have formed and maintainers have been chosen, we will request
username and password information from the maintainers.  Commit access
will be given and po and mo files can then been checked in.

A locale doesn't have to have a maintainer.  If someone provides a
translated po but doesn't want to be a maintainer, we'll add the po for
them in the absence of a maintainer.

Commit access will be restricted to the locale[s] you are maintaining.
There will be a few people with repository-wide commit access.  They'll
handle making commits to unmaintained locales and performing any needed
repository maintenance chores.

Ryan