[wp-polyglots] french translation

Morgan Doocy morgan at doocy.net
Fri Feb 18 08:36:35 GMT 2005

If it's any help, my Oxford-Hachette translates billet as "5. [Presse]
Short article." (The use of "post" to refer to a short article is
absent from the English portion of the dictionary, but I think it's a
relatively new use of the word.)

So I guess it would come down to whether or not we consider blog
entries to be short articles or just articles. It's a fine line, but
I'd say blog entries are, on the whole, more accurately described as
short articles, which I suppose is why we refer to them as posts in
English rather than articles. So my vote would be for billet.

Morgan