[wp-polyglots] Strings that doesn't use the mo file

Sebastian Djupsjöbacka sebastian.djupsjobacka at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 23:07:04 GMT 2005

Hello everyone!

I'm certain that other translators who have been trying out their work
in real life, ie used a .mo file with WordPress, have noticed this.
There are some strings in the admin interface that doesn't seem to use
the translation at all. It makes no difference at all whether these
are translated in the .mo file or not.

Here is a list of the ones that I have noticed:

/wp-admin/post.php?posted=true
Post saved. View site >>

/wp-admin/index.php
%author% on %post%
There are currently xx posts and xx comments, contained within xx categories.

/wp-admin/link-add.php
family (in XFN Creator)

/wp-admin/link-categories.php
Y(es), N(o), name and none in the list

/wp-admin/themes.php
Themes are usually downloaded separately from WordPress. To install a
theme you generally just need to put the theme file or files into your
wp-content/themes directory. Once a theme is installed, you may select
it here.

/wp-admin/options-general.php
If you want your blog homepage to be different than the directory you
installed WordPress in, enter that address here.

There could be other ones as well, I just haven't had the time to
check everything.

What should we do with these? I think hardcoding them isn't all that
smart, but on the other hand I don't know if waiting for a new
WordPress release is that brilliant as well. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Sebastian