[wp-polyglots] About the Rosetta system

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Feb 16 16:42:54 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 16:25 +0000, Xavier Borderie wrote:
>What is to become of the WP wiki l10n pages ? Is it to
>be replaced by links to Rosetta ?

No, Rosetta is just another tool.

>What about those (like myself, and Nicolás Fantino
>from the spanish team, who just posted here about it)
>who work with poEdit and seem to be doing fine without
>Rosetta ?

Anyone trying to collaborate through this list gets preference over
uninvolved Rosetta translators.  If possible, try to contact those
working on Rosetta and work something out.  If that fails, I'll see if I
can reassign ownership of the Rosetta translations to the interested
parties on this list.

Rosetta is just a tool; its use is not a requirement.  Whether a team
translates using Rosetta, poedit, or some other tool, the master
repository will be the wordpress-i18n subversion repository.  Nicolás
and his team will be given control of the Spanish locales on which they
are currently working.  We need to get teams together, advertise those
teams as the people to go to if you want to help with a translation, and
give those teams control over their part of the wordpress-i18n
repository.  What tools they use is up to them.

Ryan