[wp-install] Installation on Windows servers?

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 16:41:14 GMT 2006

On 9/27/06, Aneko Studios <shelly at anekostudios.com> wrote:

> Hey guys - I have 2 people here who have Windows IIS servers.  One is a
> host I've never heard of, and I can't find a Control Panel to save my
> life.
>
> The other is on GoDaddy.  Both have databases set up on their servers,
> but, for both of them, when I try to run install.php, I get this error:
>
> Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is required
> for WordPress.
>
> I went into the GoDaddy one, and there most assuredly *is* a database
> set up, and he's got the correct information in his config file.
>
> Is this a problem with IIS servers?  Would anyone know how to fix this?
> (I know in the GoDaddy case, switching to *nix isn't an option)

First off, Wp will work generally just fine with IIS.  There are some
wrinkles though.

With GoDaddy, hit the forums.  There's some hoops to jump if they insist on
staying with IIS -- In fact, as I recall some core file edit needs to
happen.

The other might be a similar deal.  Or build ye olde little phpinfo() test
file and see if the host even has php configured correctly (by default, it's
a pita with iis).