[wp-install] Installation on Windows servers?

Aneko Studios shelly at anekostudios.com
Wed Sep 27 16:31:01 GMT 2006

Hey guys - I have 2 people here who have Windows IIS servers.  One is a
host I've never heard of, and I can't find a Control Panel to save my life.

The other is on GoDaddy.  Both have databases set up on their servers,
but, for both of them, when I try to run install.php, I get this error:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is required
for WordPress.

I went into the GoDaddy one, and there most assuredly *is* a database
set up, and he's got the correct information in his config file.

Is this a problem with IIS servers?  Would anyone know how to fix this?
(I know in the GoDaddy case, switching to *nix isn't an option)

Thanks :)

~Shelly