[Wp-install] Deleting comments causes other problems

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:26:01 GMT 2006

>NOTE:  remember you can't just reply to emails on this list as the reply goes to the originating person--you have to manually address the reply to wp-install at lists.automattic.com

> This is a heads-up about a problem caused by deleting comments.  Let's say
> you delete comment #100.  At that time all comments from 101 to the highest
> comment get renumbered.  No problem there.
>
> But when a new comment (a new request for installation) is made, that new
> comment may get 'inserted' back as comment 100 and the other comments from
> 101 to the highest numbered comment will get renumbered again.
>
> Currently at comment 18, there is a new request that got posted after some
> of the 'unfullfilled' requests were deleted.
>
> That means that instead of looking at the end of the list of comments for
> new requests, we will have to continually parse all the comments for open
> requests.
>
> Maybe we shouldn't delete comments.
>
> Any ideas on what we should do?
>
> MichaelH

Yeah, I had noticed that from waaay back.. lol! =P  I was kind of figuring, you guys had already knew of that too, that's why I didn't say anything..

So, earlier today.. when after I had deleted some of the "unanswered".. other requests came in, and just did a Copy/Paste of the "Sept 26" into the "Find In This Page" option, via the Firefox browser, up top, under the EDIT tab, and searched the whole page that way.. =P

Once I found it, I "claimed" it lol. I think it's going to be the *only way* of doing things, until "we" get more "rights" to work with the theme, or some means in general, to be able to do these tasks we want..

spencerp