[Wp-install] User Import problem

Matt Jonkman jonkman at bleedingthreats.net
Fri Oct 27 16:45:58 GMT 2006

I'm trying to convert a few thousand users into a new WP install. The
import goes well, no errors, tables look fine. But if I add more than
about 950 users the user management page craps out, meaving me unable to
even see users, or manage them.

I have to assume there's not a limit like that, anyone have an idea what
could be an issue here?

No errors in the logs, just a zero byte page back if I try to go to the
authors and users page. I can edit the admin account just fine.

I've tried two methods of import. Direct sql with a conversion from the
old, And using the plugin here:

http://www.dagondesign.com/files/dd-import-users.txt

Neither way shows errors on import. Nothing in logs, the wp_users and
usermeta tables appear to be fine, just large.

Running on debian, mysql5, apache2, php5. Very standard install.
Dedicated box to this task only.

Ideas VERY welcome. :)

Matt

Matthew Jonkman