[wp-hackers] A couple questions

J.D. Grimes jdg at codesymphony.co
Wed Nov 2 16:02:25 UTC 2016

I think that you are probably right about jQuery 1.12. I think that WordPress might have dropped full support for IE8, but I don't think it would drop support for IE9 or 10 for a while yet.

As far as your question about gzipped scripts, I can't say that I've ever seen that discussed, but possibly it has been decided that generally speaking this sort of thing ought to be left up to plugins. Maybe the gzipped TinyMCE scripts are only supported for legacy reasons?

-J.D.