[wp-hackers] PHP requirement for plugins

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon May 2 21:52:32 UTC 2016

Hi all —

Is there a standardized method in WordPress to declare that a plugin or theme requires a certain version of PHP?  I’ve started coding my plugins to require PHP 5.4.

I know I can write code that does something like check for the right PHP version and deactivate the plugin if it’s not met; but is there anything like this already within WP?  It would be great if we could just add a line to the Readme.txt or the plugin Headers.

--
Stephen Rider

wp-hackers at striderweb.com
http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia