[wp-hackers] Editor Link Behavior

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Fri Oct 24 21:09:14 UTC 2014

Before I open a Trac ticket, I wanted to talk through a minor frustration I
have with the link tool to see if a) it's an issue others have and b) if
it's something worth changing.

When I'm writing a post, I often highlight text and want to use *that same
text* as the text for the link (which is used as alt text when the anchor
tag is rendered in markup). This is particularly relevant when I'm linking
to a book title, another article, or a person's name.

What I'd really like to see is the link text pre-populated with my
selection when the link modal opens.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Does it feel like a good idea? Should
I take some time to open a ticket and work on a patch?