[wp-hackers] Preferring SSL for plugin updates

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Wed May 21 07:30:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if any of the WordPress core devs could comment on the
use of SSL by default for fetching plugin update information and plugin
downloads.

I'm considering doing this for a premium plugin. I'm wondering a) the
likely failure rates (I have enough customers that any weird/broken
setup that could possibly exist in the world is out there for multiple
customers somewhere) and b) strategies to cope with that. What's been
your experience with doing this for WordPress core? Any general advice
that I and others on the list might find useful?

Best wishes,
David

--
UpdraftPlus - best WordPress backups - http://updraftplus.com