[wp-hackers] GSoC 2014: Plugin Dependencies and possibly Asset Pipeline

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:02:21 UTC 2014

Atanas-

I don't know what the spec is supposed to be, but had a few thoughts on
this.

I would suggest you search Otto's site for the article he wrote on handling
plugin dependencies in themes. The code in there would be a good place to
start, or at least study, as it doesn't require anything besides plugins
having a valid header.

Also, have you seen http://wpackagist.org/ ? It could allow a dependency
manager to use composer without having to require plugin developers to
manually add composer support, which isn't feasible.

Take care,
Josh