[wp-hackers] GSoC 2014 : iOS Sharing library

maxday got2bex at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:00:26 UTC 2014

Thanks for your feedbak !

In iOS each application is (unfortunately ?) sandboxed and it's not possible
to communicate from one to an other.
Nevertheless Apple provides developpers with "Custom Url Schemes"
http://www.idev101.com/code/Objective-C/custom_url_schemes.html

It allows an iOS app to pass data to an other app. (If the receiver app has
handlers to these kind of calls)

Since the iOS worpdress application is currently using some custom urls, the
idea is to develop a library to use them super easily for every developers
and to contribute to the expansion of Wordpress

By the way, after some comments on IRC, I've updated my proposal :
maxday.fr/gsoc2014-v2.pdf