[wp-hackers] GSOC 2014 idea: Media categories in Core

Adam Czyszczoń adam.czyszczon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:57:06 UTC 2014

Thank you for the info. The plugin you suggested is one of the best
among media categories/taxonomy plugins. However, it lacks some features
that I would like to include (in core media library):

1. no category filter in "insert media",
2. no upload directly to category,
3. media still organized in 'year-month' order, not according to categories.