[wp-hackers] Multisite - Plugin for sharing database data between sites

Utkarsh Dixit utkarsh.dixit11 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 15:10:34 UTC 2014

Hi,
thanks for the reply. :)

The post on the gsoc page is as follows

Currently there is no way to easily share data across sites on a multisite
network, even if it's a closed, trusted, network. Existing options, such as
using switch_to_blog(), inline frames, or redirects, don't work well. This
could start as a "features-as-plugins" project and maybe eventually make
its way into core.

   - Example Use Case: Sharing data/inventory/shopping cart across sites
   - This idea inspired, in part, by @ipstenu's blog post:
   http://halfelf.org/2013/ecommerce-dream/
   - See also @nacin's
   http://make.wordpress.org/core/2013/10/06/potential-roadmap-for-multisite/
for
   a discussion that includes differentiating closed and open networks.

Possible Mentors: TBD (Possibly Jeremy Felt? Nacin?)

For this approach, is my approach feasible.
Maybe I'm wrong in the interpretation of the problem. If yes please guide
me in understanding the problem.
Will appreciate your help. Hoping for a reply :)

Thanks.