[wp-hackers] Autosave API for custom post types?

TV productions info at tv-productions.org
Tue Mar 4 22:50:35 UTC 2014

Hi wp-hackers,

I have a plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-photo-album/) with a
custom post type and as update I've added successfully support for
revisions. But when I restore an autosave, the metadata (that is saved
with the revisions) is empty. After digging into the code, I found out
that autosave only checks the title and the content (which in my plugin
doesn't exists on the edit page) for differences and saves only them.

So I was wondering if there is (or will be in the near future) a
autosave API that allows to save also "custom data". And, if that is not
the case, does anyone know a workaround to save my metadata with
autosave?

Best regards,

Ties

--
TV productions :: Web development and stuff
http://tv-productions.org