[wp-hackers] [GSoC 2014] unique idea: Interactive Drag & Drop Content Editor

Bob Ellison bob.ellison at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:38:46 UTC 2014

There are dozens of drag and drop WordPress layout builders / visual
composers in the wild, not to mention that most theme shops already have
this type of functionality for better or worse. Layout builders are very
theme centric, so I don't see how it would ever belong in core, something
like CEUX though would benefit a larger audience since it works with the
new TinyMCE "block" features. They are both similar in some regards but
have different implications. My suggestion would be to dive into some of
the visual composers out there and so what's available, there are literally
to many of them to mention.