[wp-hackers] Protocol Relative URLs and wp_register_script()

Morgan Estes morgan.estes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 22:01:31 UTC 2014

I use protocol-relative links 99% of the time; it's that 1% that will bite
you.

The only time I don't is when I *know* that the subdomain changes on SSL
(like when some site use ssl.example.com or secure.example.com). One
real-world example was a script loading from a CNAME domain on CloudFront,
but the site admin didn't configure the domain to use SSL certificates.

I suggest checking to make sure the URL works with both http and https,
then going with the protocol-relative links.

Morgan W. Estes
about.me/morganestes