[wp-hackers] [Bug?] Selecting tax terms associated to a cpt

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Thu Jul 31 15:00:10 UTC 2014

Hi list,

we have the following scenario: custom post type "tool" with a bunch of
taxonomies attached to it (type, location, etc). Nothing new under the sun.

Using Members [1], I created a new role that has access to tools only,
no pages, no posts. In the CPT definition, I set capability_type =
'tool', and assigned edit_tools, delete_tools, etc to the corresponding
role.

Now, when I log into the system as a Tool Editor, I can add a new tool,
but the sidebar taxonomy terms cannot be selected unless I add
'edit_posts' to the list of capabilities associated to Tool Editor.

Am I missing something? Is this a bug in WP?

Thanks,
Dino

[1] https://wordpress.org/plugins/members/