[wp-hackers] choosing plural vs singular words in taxonony names in URIs

David Ernst david at dsernst.com
Mon Jul 21 06:42:55 UTC 2014

Both are probably safe.

Thinking of these as subfolders -- i.e. a traditional non-routed webserver
--  the plural feels more natural to me. If I'm in the index /, I would
expect to see folders with names like "Channels", "Debates", etc., not the
singular.

Re your point that the plural invites visitors to check that out directly
for an index: Isn't that exactly right? If they do go straight to the
taxonomy, they *should* see an index. Maybe you don't have a highly
populated one now, but you could in the future!

And some counter references:
  * http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/p2/
  * https://www.youtube.com/user/Google
  * https://twitter.com/hashtag/WordPress