[wp-hackers] choosing plural vs singular words in taxonony names in URIs

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 14:03:30 UTC 2014

my feedback on my own question is that I'd pick channels/debates over
channel/debates, because of the following reason;

first off, they both are pretty close...  if you pick one over the other,
regardless of the pick, no body is gonna come after you and put you on the
spot as if you have done something drastically wrong..

given that....

the former ( channels/debates ) suggests that I've got MANY channels on my
site.. So, my visitors are indirectly inspired & suggested, that he can go
ahead and check out what other channels we got in the site...  a wordpress
page slugged as your-site.com/channels may have an alphabetical listing of
all those channels.. to explore..

whereas the latter ( channel/debates ) ( though it is closer to the
day-t-day english we use ) would not make that sort of a suggestion to the
user that yoo got many channels...

that's the only reason I'd pick the former...  unless you bring a different
perspective that I am failing to see...