[wp-hackers] running the themeunit.xml programmatically from the back end

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 15:14:28 UTC 2014

I wrote a script which is when I run it, it puts my localhost installation
of the wordpress site back to the right after 5-min-install state.

So it basically truncates most tables and bam brings to the fresh state...
( I just won't touch the user stuff and the options table ) but everythinh
else back to seed 0.

So when I run that script, I am left with Mr. Wordpress's Comment plus the
Hello World post and the Sample Page. And that's what I call back-to-5-min
install state.

This script is a time saver for me. Cause I'm doing some heavy duty plug in
development and I'd like such quick actions to be available to me.

but I'd like to take it to the next level.

I'd like to attach an argument to that function of mine to tell my engine,
"hey go ahead and run this
https://wpcom-themes.svn.automattic.com/demo/theme-unit-test-data.xml while
we are at it.

My question to you is what API call should I use so that my script gives me
the back-to-5-min install state plus the theme-unit-test-data.xml?

Thank you