[wp-hackers] wpdb->query and running 2 sql statements with one go

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 18:14:03 UTC 2014

I'd like to be able to run this SQL using one wpdb->query call.

$sql = 'TRUNCATE TABLE `my_new_table` ;ALTER TABLE `my_new_table`
auto_increment = 1';

$query_result = $wpdb->query($sql);

As of 3.9.1, we do have the mysqli support. So, I'm not sure why this would
not fly.

Is that one of my brain-freeze moments again?

but I'm getting the *familiar error: *

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER TABLE
`my_new_table` auto_increment = 1)' at line 1]