[wp-hackers] Performance improvement -- '/%postname%/%post_id%/' over '/%postname%/'?

Nikola Nikolov nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 19:54:14 UTC 2014

What could possibly be faster though would be to create a custom post type
with it's own custom rewrite rules(in the form of
"/cpt/%cpt_name%/%post_id%/" - you would get slightly longer permalinks,
but it might be worth it. You wouldn't have to pass the post name to the
query, but just the ID. It will also require some extra code - to create
the proper permalinks when they are requested for a post of that post type,
to add in the rewrite rules, etc.