[wp-hackers] GSoC 2014 Questions

Ian Dunn ian at iandunn.name
Fri Feb 28 14:54:50 UTC 2014

On 2/28/14, 5:52 AM, Yatin Maan wrote:
> 2.What is the difference between "get_wordcamp" and "get_wordcamps" ?

Hi Yatin, `get_wordcamp()` (singular) would retrieve a complete set of
data on a specific WordCamp, while `get_wordcamps()` (plural) would
retrieve a minimal set of data about all WordCamps.

 > there is a significant emphasis on php experience and knowledge. But
since this my project does not require excellent php knowledge , do you
think my lack in this respect will hamper my chances of getting selected
in GSoC ?

The PHP requirement is highly relevant for most GSoC projects, but the
mobile app is probably an exception to that. Having PHP experience
wouldn't hurt, but I'm guessing that whoever mentors that project will
be looking mostly at your experience with mobile development.