[wp-hackers] GSoC 2014 Questions

Yatin Maan yatinmaan1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 07:00:18 UTC 2014

> Hey,

I'm a student looking forward to take part in GSoC 2014 , specifically the
WordCamp Mobile App Project. Part of the app's functionality is to get some
data from the WordCamp website and display it in a mobile friendly manner.

I wanted to know how will this data sourced ?Will the website provide an
API or do we have to poll the website and extract the required data from
the page's HTML code ?

If the site does not have an API , do we have to create one (server
side/backend) or is the task just to create an app (client side/frontend).

 Thanks