[wp-hackers] best way to check for bootstrap

Madalin Ignisca madalin.ignisca at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 18:59:23 UTC 2014

Bootstrap from getbootstrap.com is a frontend framework that should be
available normally only on theme level.

If you're building a theme with Bootstrap, you should not worry that it
would be loaded by something else as it should not (if you find a plugin
that does it, well, the plugin author doesn't likes some good practices and
standards).

The theme is the presentation layer and the top layer of WordPress and only
it should handle this kinds of libraries.

It shouldn't be included in the core as there are dozens of alternatives
and Bootstrap isn't a standard, it's just popular; there are others better
done with more features then Bootstrap (well, maybe just my opinion).

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Nikola Nikolov <nikolov.tmw at gmail.com>wrote:

> The best approach in my opinion is to use "bootstrap" as it's handle in
> wp_register/enqueue_style - after all you shouldn't really need different
> version of bootstrap(or multiple instance of bootstrap) on the same page.
>
> Of course you can probably hook late to wp_enqueue_scripts and go through
> all of the enqueued styles and see if there's anything that contains
> bootstrap. Obviously that's an overkill and will not always work.
>

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Chris McCoy <chris at lod.com> wrote:
>
> > What would be the best way to check if bootstrap is added (enqueue) so I
> > don¹t load it twice.
> >
> > Also any plans on adding bootstrap to core shipped scripts?

*Madalin Ignisca*
*web developer*
http://imadalin.ro/