[wp-hackers] Fwd: [GSoC - 2014] Introducing Myself

Deven Bansod devenbansod.bits at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:50:04 UTC 2014

Hi Eric!

Ya. I have just conceptualized the Workflow till now!
I hope most of the things I am Planning for, will be done by JS and AJAX
with a little PHP in the backend.

I am attaching two empty divs for Element Properties(Shown) and One for
Live Form Fields(Not shown) in the Meta Box itself.

Once an User clicks the Add Element button JS comes into Pic and it creates
a small form for taking in the Properties. Then as the user clicks 'Add'
button, AJAX enters. It sends it to a Handler PHP in the background which
in turn stores the current situation of the form in wp_postmeta.

This continues till all the elements are done.!

Then as the User clicks Save the Form. The Handler.php(in the Plugin
Folder) finalizes everything and passes the Form_ID into post_content which
plugin will use to display the Form when a Responder sees it.

Finally enter all the other fields on the post.php and click on 'Publish'
(Here 'Update'). And You are done !

Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere. Also advice if something may not
be possible to do or if there is a better way to do it.

Regards,
Deven
* <f2012316 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>*