[wp-hackers] How to install a new theme?

Madalin Ignisca madalin.ignisca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 23:45:35 UTC 2014

If you have a decent machine (Core2Duo or recent - no CodeDuo) then try
this: https://puphpet.com/

It will help you to get much more easier a proper development environment
to test and work. I never looked back since I found Vagrant and Puppet.

PS: Works on x64 only.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:37 AM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:11:44 -0600
> Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
>

> > Install the webserver, php, mysql, etc. from your package manager of
> > choice. Then find the relevant public_html folder and put your own
> > copy of WordPress in there, directly from the zip or tarball from
> > WordPress.org.
> >
> > Makes little to no sense to use a package manager for installing
> > WordPress, except that it might configure a database for you, which
> > takes all of a minute to do yourself.
>
> Excellent, and just in time, as I was going to deinstall and reinstall
> WordPress to try again. Where would I find documentation on how to do
> the database config you speak of?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt                *  http://www.troubleshooters.com/
> Troubleshooting Training  *  Human Performance

*Madalin Ignisca*
*web developer*
http://imadalin.ro/