[wp-hackers] Fwd: [GSoC - 2014] Introducing Myself

Deven Bansod devenbansod.bits at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 16:33:39 UTC 2014

Thanks Nick !

I had not realized that. ! Thanks for pointing it out. ! :)

I will now take it into account and start thinking of an alternative way to
do it where I just have to take in the Form ID/Name as arguments for the
short code.

I have an idea that User would make the form with the UI(opening in a new
iframe I guess from a Button in post.php?post_type=form)
and then save it. The Plugin will save the final HTML of the Form in the
"post_content" in "wp_posts" as "Draft" with CPT of "form".

User can use the Shortcode in any post/page with the Form ID if they want
or can just publish this 'form' as it is.

Will keep the mailing list posted on any new development ! Suggestions and
Advices are always welcome. !

Thanks.

Regards,
Deven

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Nicholas Ciske <nl at thoughtrefinery.com>wrote:

> I'd not advise pursuing this approach to shortcodes...
>
> A single shortcode to output the form by id or name is the current (and
> best) practice.
>
> See: every other form plugin available for WordPress.
>
> Running dozens of short codes to output a form that's already been
> designed on the backend? That's going to use a lot of resources -- for what
> gain? Not to mention how brittle this approach is... e.g. can I intermix
> other shortcodes within a form? What if those also output a <form> element,
> breaking your form?
>
> PS- Always prefix your shortcodes to avoid collisions with other plugins &
> themes.
>
> _________________________
> Nick Ciske
> http://thoughtrefinery.com/
> @nciske
>
> On Feb 24, 2014, at 1:59 AM, Deven Bansod <devenbansod.bits at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > For Example : The UI for the Form Making will generate this sort of Short
> > Code which will be displayed as a Proper Form in the Form Page where ever
> > the Form is Placed.
> >
> > "
> > [form_start]
> >
> > [element type='text' label='Name'/]
> > [element type='text' label='Gender' option='M,F'/]  // Will produce two
> > Radio Buttons with M and F as Labels and Original Label as Gender
> >
> > [/form_start]
> >
> > "

*Regards,Deven G. Bansod;*
IInd Year Student
B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science + M.Sc.(Hons.)Economics(Dual Degree)
*Contact : * *Gmail* <devenbansod.bits at gmail.com>*  BITS Mail
<f2012316 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>* *Alternate Email
<bansod_deven at yahoo.co.in>*

*Birla Institute of Technology & Science,* Pilani
Pilani Campus, Rajasthan 333 031, INDIA
* <f2012316 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>*