[wp-hackers] Getting patches reviewed?

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Mon Feb 24 12:57:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've contributed a few bug reports and patches to WP core trac, but so
far, they've all attracted no attention.

Since I'm new to contributing to core, I'm ignorant as to how to get
some eyeballs on them. In keeping with them being first efforts, I went
for items that were easily reproducible bugs, and easily fixed with
simple patches. (They are all also issues that have caused me multiple
support requests, and time spent debugging the causes, in the real-world).

Can anyone here give me a clue as to whether there's something I should
do, or do I just lack patience? (A couple of them are 2 months old).

Tickets:
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26598 - broken methods in
WP_Filesystem_Direct and WP_Filesystem_SSH2
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26626 - prevent avoidable unzip
failure due to 256-character pathname limits on some platforms
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26887 - mark an implicitly public
and important (to backup plugins) property as explicitly public (more of
an enhancement than a bug)
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27196 - more informative message
when plugin install fails (I confess, I filed this one only 5 minutes
ago - but I'm reluctant to see it suffer the same trip into limbo as the
previous three efforts, if mentioning it can help avoid that!)

Best wishes,
David

--
UpdraftPlus - best WordPress backups - http://updraftplus.com