[wp-hackers] Fwd: [GSoC - 2014] Introducing Myself

Deven Bansod devenbansod.bits at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 07:59:27 UTC 2014

Hi Ian!

I thought I should just make my current progress on the idea clear to you
so that you can help me in a better way. So writing this mail.

As you have always been doing, please correct me where ever I am wrong or
there is a better way to do it.

I have been conceptualizing the process of how everything will work out in
the Plugin and the functions that we may require. I am also thinking about
the features that we want to add and how exactly to go about it so as to
implement them.

I have made out the basic structure of the shortcodes which will be used to
generate the forms(done for the simple forms. For Complex ones, I have to
think).
'Any suggestions over  the Improvements/Shortcomings here are most welcome'

For Example : The UI for the Form Making will generate this sort of Short
Code which will be displayed as a Proper Form in the Form Page where ever
the Form is Placed.

"
[form_start]

[element type='text' label='Name'/]
[element type='text' label='Gender' option='M,F'/]  // Will produce two
Radio Buttons with M and F as Labels and Original Label as Gender

[/form_start]

"

For the Forms and Responses from the Forms, I read about the Custom Post
Types from the links you provided and some other links too and the basic
structure of the CPTs for forms and form_feedbacks have been laid down.

For the UI to make the Forms, I have made a Custom App( using AJAX and PHP)
(Currently Independent of WP and with limited functionality but the idea is
clear) which can be used to make the custom forms(starting from the Base
Forms). I just have to figure out a way to integrate it with WP and the its
done. 'Any Help on this would be most Welcome'.

The Email to the Admin things can be done by simply plugging the Values
into a Predefined Mail Format and using wp_mail() function.

The Feature about automatically creating the Draft of the Speakers' Post
that you told in the Previous Mail is quite interesting and would automate
a lot of work and they should be and can be incorporated into the Plugin.
And I have been trying to figure out a way to do that . I was thinking on
lines of using the Function 'wp_insert_post' with the right Variable values
to do that.

Regards,
Deven
* <f2012316 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>*